Our client is a fully Australian owned subsidiary of a major international supplier of bulk handling, packaging, palletising and materials handling solutions.
At this time we are looking for an experienced Field Service Technician to install, trouble shoot and service a wide variety of machinery throughout Sydney and Country NSW.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting in the installation and commissioning activities of new machinery..
- Perform breakdown and regular servicing of packaging machinery and bulk handling solutions.
- Customer training.
- Produce timely and accurate service reports..
Ideally the successful applicant will be experienced in a comparable role or has worked with similar equipment as a maintenance fitter/electrician in a manufacturing environment.
However it will be your ability to demonstrate the following skills and attributes that will be most highly regarded.
- Trade or tertiary qualifications in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline.
- A working knowledge of PLC operation and/or programing, preferably on Allen Bradley, Siemens or Omron systems, would be an advantage but not essential, as training can be provided.
- Competency in troubleshooting and repairing industrial processing or packaging would be a distinct advantage
- Strong analytical skills.
- An affinity with and understanding of, the mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic aspects of process machines.
- Strong computer skills.
- An ability to work autonomously and display excellent customer service.
- A strong eye for detail and a determination to do it right the first time.
- Be a proactive self starter who builds strong client relationships and has a strong empathy with their needs.
- A full electrical license or electrical disconnect / reconnect is desirable. However if you have the basic skills, the company will sponsor you through the minimum requirement..
- Be willing to travel both locally and interstate on a regular basis.
On offer is a great base salary, company vehicle and the opportunity to work in an autonomous position within a progressive and innovative industry.
If this sounds like you, then please contact Bruce Duxbury now on 0424 203 148 for a confidential discussion, or forward us your CV by hitting the "Apply" button Now!
Please quote job #10469 in all correspondence and communications