Our client is Australian engineering company with specialist knowledge and experience in the design and supply ofpackaging machinery and materials handling solutions.
At present we are looking to add an up and coming Mechanical Design Engineer to their team to work on new machine and materials handling builds. Reporting to the Operations Manager your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Prepare all engineering calculations and generate general arrangement and detailed drawings.
- Produce engineering designs on CAD using Creo.
- Prepare detailed specifications for the production of equipment and workflows
- Liaise closely with all internal and external engineering project teams; mechanical/electrical/workshop in coordinating work activities.
- Project management of manufacturing processes to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Maintain drawings catalogues and product manuals.
- Provide technical support to sales and service teams.
- Control costs and ensure projects are completed on budget.
- Testing of machinery and sign off.
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior designers.
- Provide reporting and analysis to various levels of management.
The successful candidate will be able to evidence a minimum of 3-5 years in a similar role as well as a woking knowledge of Industrial Automation and Controls Systems in practical situations. Most importantly you will be able to satisfy most or all of the following selection criteria:
- Possess appropriate qualifications in an Engineering or Mechatronics discipline
- You have experience with industrial manufacturing machinery and the assembly of same.
- You are proficient with AutoCad and CAD using Creo software.
- 3 to 5 + years 3D modelling experience
- A working knowledgeof Windchill PLM Software
- Most importantly you know how to utilize your own professionalism, organizational skills and technical knowledge to lead a team to the achievement of the set goals.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to join a professional organization who prides themselves in the development of their people, then please apply now or call Bruce Duxbury on 0424 203 148 for a confidential discussion.
Please quote job# 10447 in all communications and correspondence