Our client is a high profile, CNC Engineering business, specializing in the manufacture, assembly and testing of fully integrated parts for aerospace and naval defense contacts.
Due to growth within the business, we are now looking to add an experienced Quality Inspector to their professional team. Working in the comfort of a modern facility, furnished with only the very best, state of the art, testing equipment and software, your duties will include but not be limited to the following functions and responsibilities.
- Programming and operation of high end Coordinate Measuring Machines.
- Validation of components and assemblies using manual measuring instruments.
- First article inspection reporting.
- First off inspection support for the manufacturing departments.
- Engaging with suppliers with regards to quality related issues.
- Corrective action activities.
- Calibration of inspection and test equipment.
Ideally the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate most or all of the following selection criteria. However candidates from a similar background with similar skill sets are also strongly encouraged to apply:
- Demonstrated experience in a Quality role within a manufacturing environment
- The ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings & specifications.
- Operating and programming CMM’s using PC-DMIS or similar software is essiential.
- Possess an understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing principles in an inspection environment.
- Use of measuring equipment including Vernier’s, Micrometers etc.
- Working within an AS9100 and ISO9001 quality management system.
- AS9102 First Article reporting
- Previous experience in a CNC machining environment and or Medical or Aerospace parts industries would also be highly regarded
If the above sounds like you and you are looking for an opportunity to work in a terrific environment with an “employer of choice”, where quality is paramount, then please Apply Now or call Bruce Duxbury on 0424 203 148 for a confidential discussion.